JOINT STATEMENT BETWEEN ROYAL MAIL LOGISTICS AND THE CWU REGARDING THE RESOURCING PRINCIPLES FOR AREA DISTRIBUTION (MGV) PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS
Branches and representatives will be aware that LTB 506/18 communicated a Joint Statement in relation to the resourcing principles to be applied for Network (LGV) vacancies. As outlined in the aforementioned LTB it was recognised during those discussions that similar resourcing principles in relation to Area Distribution (MGV) recruitment activity would also be of benefit.
A Joint Statement has therefore been agreed with the business which has been endorsed by the Postal Executive and a copy is attached for your information.
Colleagues will note that as with the Joint Statement which was agreed in relation to Network LGV activity, the attached document:
- Reaffirms that resourcing activity will initially be from suitably qualified Royal Mail Group applicants in line with the Professional Drivers Agreement (PDA)
- Provides a defined resourcing criteria
- Clarifies that internal applicants will be subject to an informal discussion, rather than an interview process
- Reaffirms the role of the ADC in the process for Driver Training Needs Analysis
- Recognises that that the requirement to attain a CPC qualification should not be a barrier to progression and outlines that discussions will take place to discuss and agree the format for future opportunities to provide CPC training for colleagues
Colleagues should note that all future recruitment opportunities will be advertised via the Royal Mail Success Factors site (or alternative if this is changed) and the attached principles will be applied.
We believe that the attached Joint Statement will provide a process that is transparent, fair and equitable for the filling of Area Distribution (MGV) vacancies and that the clarification it provides will be welcomed by Branches, representatives and members.
Branches and representatives are requested to ensure that our members are made aware of this LTB and the attached Joint Statement.
Any enquiries in relation to this LTB should be addressed to: Davie Robertson, Assistant Secretary, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com quoting reference: 532.01.
Acting Assistant Secretary